If you do not want to wait and are eager on upgrading your phone right away, then you can manually install the update as well. You could do this either by installing the OTA update package (also known as ‘Recovery ROM) via in-built stock recovery or TWRP custom recovery.
- A new “unofficial” version of LineageOS 18.0 is now available for installation on the Xperia XA2 Plus.
- The latter can be installed via the stock recovery or a custom recovery such as TWRP.
- Besides, you can also experience the AOSP or LineageOS additional features.
- IF YOU’RE ON ANDROID 11, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL UBUNTU TOUCH, OTHERWISE YOU’LL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
- Below is a list of Android 11 for several devices out of which many are built from source!
The update will be rolled out in a phased manner can take some time to appear on your handset. Now, if you want to manually install the update, you can follow the firmware installation guide below. Huge thanks to XDA Senior Member Displax for providing the direct link to the official Android 10 OTA zip package. Also to XDA member emgi2 for extracting the payload.bin and providing the Fastboot image file. Make sure that you download the firmware file according to the installation method you choose. Make sure that you fulfill all the requirements listed below before you head to the download links and instructions. Xiaomi’s Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite came with Android Oreo at the time of its launch and received the Android Pie update last year, which was followed by the Android 10 update earlier this firmware files year.
- I also included the Fastboot way, Which is useful for Custom ROM users.
- You can install Ubuntu Touch on this device using the UBports Installer on
- If you have any questions with regards to the instructions, or the process itself, then feel free to ask us.
Once the flashing process finishes, your Xiaomi Mi A3 will automatically reboot into the system (OS). The stock firmware has now successfully been restored on your phone. Once your phone boots, you can set it up by following the on-screen instructions.
It offers the same AOSP experience that’s exclusive to Google’s lineup, along with truly tested features. Since crDroid is based on LineageOS at its base, the performance and battery life are phenomenal. Instead, the developer picks a popular and developer-centric device and creates a base. After that, he publishes all the changes to GitHub for other maintainers to work upon.